JOB TITLE: Front Office Assistant
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Responsible for greeting patients, providing intake information and checking patients in and out.
SUPERVISED BY: WIC Supervisor
Greets patients in polite, prompt, and helpful manner. Provides any necessary instructions/directions. Informs appropriate department of patient’s arrival.
Completes necessary paperwork and uses computer system to generate information necessary for billing and scanning by technologist.
Updates patient information, collects co-pays, provides any necessary forms that need to be completed, and obtains signatures as necessary.
Maintains clean, orderly waiting area, hallway, and dressing rooms.
Answers phones in pleasant manner and deals with patient needs expeditiously. Takes accurate messages and relays necessary messages to staff.
Schedules patient appointments as necessary.
Assists patients in preparation for study by dressing appropriately and providing assistance as needed.
Files patient orders as necessary.
Assist in other areas as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
High school degree or equivalent.
Minimum of one year work experience, preferably in a medical office setting. Knowledge of medical terminology desirable. Computer experience required.
1. Knowledge of reception tasks and clinic policies.
2. Knowledge of how to use office equipment, including phone and computer.
3. Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques.
1. Ability to communicate clearly in person and on the phone and establish and maintain cooperative relationships with patients, families, physicians, and staff.
2. Ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively.
3. Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions and file correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems.
Sitting and/or standing for long periods of time. Occasional stress related to dealing with patient problems and workload. Light lifting (less than 10 pounds). Requires use of office equipment.
Office setting, well lit and ventilated. Possible exposure to communicable diseases.