Please click on a procedure to learn more.
Mammography is the process of using low-dose amplitude X-rays to examine the breast tissue. This method can be
used as a diagnostic tool or a screening tool. During the procedure, the breast is compressed by a dedicated mammography machine
to even out the tissue, to increase image quality, and to hold the breast still thus preventing motion artifact. Both front and
side images of each breast are taken.
The Women’s Imaging Center is accredited by the ACR (American College of Radiology) and is an FDA certified facility. We are also the only facility in the area to be granted the distinguished Breast Imaging Center of Excellence seal.
Did You Know?
• Mammograms can show changes in the breast up to two years before a patient or a physician can feel them.
• 75% of women diagnosed have no family history of breast cancer.
• One in Eight women is affected by breast cancer.
• Mammography starting at age 40 has been proven to save lives and has reduced the death rate by 30%.
• The Best protection is Early detection.
For more information Click Here